Wednesday, July 22, 2020

sea of thieves

you were a storm that i desperately wished was a lighthouse
that warm guiding light amidst the waves
yet you were the thunder, the loud rolls, the hurls of spites
you were lightning, your crackling touch that left way too many scars, too many wreckage
a disaster you left at your wake, i was that disaster

i was a ship that wanted harbor, a respite amidst my travel
in people's harbor, I turned away
for fear of the next wreck, the wreck you left in me
the holes you have burnt, my feeble attempts to fix, those desperate ones
the water keep filling, i was drowning before i even learn how to swim

they tried to tie me down, their sweet seduction, their promises of a safe haven
but i was rudderless, my trust were few

you stayed in the eye of storms for too long,
you start to believe you were made for the wild
the raging seas, the unforgiving weather, the unpredictable ruthless waves
you wrapped your heart so tightly, you start making deals with the devil
flameheart please free me from the shackles i have tied upon myself
please drown that ship of mine

a young lad, drunk on his merry way, a stowaway on this titanic
aren't you afraid, of the storms, of the ship driving herself in this iceberg field
that smirk, that cheeky confidence before the reply,
these choppy water, that delicious rum
i will do it all with her

0 comments:

Post a Comment