Tuesday, January 27, 2015

It wasn’t just me, and it wasn’t just him, it was what we were together that was the exception.

I wrote about walking disaster 2 years back and yesterday, I chanced upon the author's website and guess what she wrote two other continuations/sides to the whole series. I don't think I have ever fallen so deeply for a romance series.

Sure, I have been one of those girls that chase after book fandoms. Harry potter, twilight, clockwork series, the mortal instrument series, fifty shade series, the maze runner series etc. I think the only few I tried but keep giving up would probably be artemis fowl and percy jackson. :( I love fantasy and romance. I love how books do this to you, where you are thrown into a fiction reality where you burrow yourself deep into the character's mind and you feel their emotions running through you. But not much books impacted me much, where I would get a sense of "hangover" and craving for more.

I can't remember the first book that left me that way but the one I can recall for now was walk two moons by sharon creech. It was loaned to me by yb and perhaps it was also due to the friendship then that make this book a little more special. I'm not one for cliche or romance chessy novel where the author would just dump a sex scene here and there, which was one thing I hated about jodi picoult books even though I went on to read all her books except the newer ones. Hahahaha! I just felt that it was redundant especially, but I respected her style of writing and the amount of research she goes into to fully write in the mind of her characters, such as from a lawyer's pov, an adhd guy's pov etc. Another author I had admired was Sarah Dessan. I guess I have a craving for books that portrayed brokenness in its raw form and the thoughts/emotions reflected in them.

The other books that have strongly impacted me were: Things I wanted my daughters to know by Elizabeth Noble Thirteen reasons why by Jay Asher.  Ohmygosh, the more I think about it, the more books I want to list down and go on about how good/bad they are. But for now, these will have to do.

HAHAHA all that sidetalk.. I forgot to mention the whole purpose of this post. I really love the beautiful series : Beautiful Disaster, Walking Disaster, Beautiful Wedding, Beautiful Oblivion.. I haven't read beautiful redemption yet so I will leave it for later.

I love this series because it always left me emotional. Utterly depressed when it is at the sad scenes to the point of tears and when it is cheery, it leaves me smiling and giggly. I guess when it comes down to it, I pretty much a hopeless romanticist.

But who won't love a Maddox?

#update : Beautiful redemption tops beautiful oblivion any day, but Im still left empty, aby and travis's love story still tops everything.

0 comments:

Post a Comment