Friday, February 27, 2015

Smile a little

I turn to writing again. It felt like I hit one of those moments where nothing start to make sense and I remember someone once told me how my writing were like poems and so I tried to make a limit this time round and try to come up with something in exactly 110 words.

So hold on tight, i will get through this battle. no more dependency.
-
It was the eyes
That attracted me
As he whimpered 
And begged me to take him

I did

It was the eyes
That greeted me each day
When I got home
With infectious enthusiasm 

It was the eyes 
With that apologetic expression
When he did something wrong
Begging for forgiveness 

It was the eyes 
That comforted me 
In the dead of the night 
As I rushed through my assignments 
With him by my side 

It was the eyes 
With endless whys 
Burning in him 
Searing into my guilt 

It was those naive eyes
That haunted me each time
When I remember how 
I left him 
Without looking back
-

if anyone can't tell, it's not about a couple but a relationship between a dog and his owner

0 comments:

Post a Comment