Thursday, August 23, 2018

reminiscence

I miss university. It didnt really hit me until I went back on tuesday.
I thought I would have gotten over it since I started work few months back but I guess it's always different when you no longer live in school.
So here goes the list of missing:
  • I miss taking the bus and squeezing with the crowd all the way to the door
  • I miss cursing at the bus uncle for his questionable driving skills
  • I miss the wait at the bus stop where it will be jam packed full of strangers, people you wanna avoid and of course, friends.
  • I miss the queues in canteen, the long dreadful queues and I miss the cheap prices
  • I miss the fact that everything is always interconnected and it felt like you are going to some secret passageway that only a few people know about
  • I miss the dreadful long lab sessions where it only seem like science students are the only ones that have dreadful timetable
  • I miss field trips where we get to go anywhere and everywhere, and learn so damn much from the teaching assistants and professors
  • I miss hall.
  • I miss hall events, even though i'm not supposed to attend any but i still crash most of them
  • I miss studying in study room, where everybody hogs their stuff everywhere and you are always semi-panicky whether your stuff will get thrown away
  • I miss the late nights suppers jio. Like what is fats even
  • I miss cheer, i miss just sitting there and being there with the team even though i'm not flying nor am I doing anything useful beside taking videos or playing music.
  • I miss complaining about hall food, about the cmi food or the once in awhile, chicken chop that always runs out by 6pm.
  • I miss doing laundry or yelling at russ for not doing laundry. 
  • I miss the 20 cents scramble so I can dry my laundry
  • I miss hall lounge, the late night studying there, the weird stench that rakes the room
  • I miss hall lounge for the completely opposite reasons, for the drinking session there. For the so many laughters and the so many regrettable mornings after
  • I miss skipping classes and the mad scramble to watch webcasts to make sure I'm still able to keep track with classes
  • I miss free medical consultation whenever i just want to take mc.
  • I miss arts laksa. Like best ytf ever. 
  • I miss drinking in c111. HAHAHA questionable nights, and so much whiskeys and beers.
  • I miss the sneaking around because I am not an official resident
  • I miss dance. I miss dancing and complaining about the aches after
  • I miss the bitching session, the horrible group mates and the support group that i have
  • I miss falling asleep in classes and all the unglam photos that follow after
  • I miss being close to people, when we can always just pop a few doors down to htht
  • I miss netflix and chill, the feeling that someone will always be there to welcome me home
  • I miss sleeping next to my favourite person or waking up to him
  • I miss kicking him out of bed whenever his alarm rings because 8am classes what even. 
  • I miss the times we locked each other out because there is only one damn key. 
  • I miss the dreadful 88 steps after supper
  • I miss waking up 30mins before class starts and rushing to get there on time
  • I miss cooking in hall and having food poisoning after 
  • I miss maggi party where we gouge on ice cream after
  • I miss the 23:59 deadlines because procrastination always happen
  • I miss the random ponning of class to go out and just have fun
  • I miss camps, the cheers and the hthts moments
  • I miss the random moments where my friend challenge me to pokemon battle
  • I miss the days where pokemon go is crazy, where everyone is running around school just to catch that damn rare pokemon
  • I miss sports complex because the only time i go there is take my exams and I always panic 
  • I miss the indecisiveness on where and what to eat because even though there are so many canteens, but you pretty much empty out options pretty easily
  • I miss the times where you can dye any colour and it will be perfectly acceptable because uni. 
  • I miss my bright neon pink hair, where it is so easy for people to find me/recognize me
  • I miss the days where I got injured and i still try to do stupid shit when I'm injured
  • I miss of course the times where I grab to school just because. 
  • I miss library and its intense atmosphere
  • I miss schools event especially halloween because dress up sess. like what even. 
  • I miss having subway so near and 1 or 2 cookies are never enough
  • I miss the korean food near the mrt because it is so good
  • I miss the times where you ever dress up is when you either have labs or presentation. 
I could probably go on forever. But it feels like the stuff people bitch about how dreadful school is, is probably what I end up missing the most. That and the people there. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment