Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Forged Path

ah where do I even begin with 2019;

A flurry of events have happened since the last time I posted. There has been such a rough journey of self discovery again and really just sitting my ass down to figuring out where do I go from here and what do I really want.

To start off, pole became such a big part of my 2019. I honestly can't believe that I used to hate pole so much HAHAHA and the fact that I am still poling for a year. It felt really good to be able to sustain a hobby among the numerous things that I picked up along the way. I think beside the fact that pole really built up strength and confidence, the community itself also makes me really grateful. I met people that really open up my world views on things and that are willing to bare their vulnerabilities with. Of course, not to forget, pole also drew me closer to Bianca and I am thankful for the many moments of rants and so many moments where she just chided me on my injuries (man, it reminded me of the times where I used to do the same thing and scold my ex for continuing practice in spite of injuries) Ah the double standards.

Travel. I think I bust my wallet this year for the numerous travels I did. I am glad that I stepped out of my comfort zone and really went out there to see the world. Okay la not so dramatic but this is the first time, I actually travelled with friends. Put my hands down on the number of times I got let down by people and not being able to go oversea. Though there were really a lot of hiccups but I have never been more glad that this was the year that I ended up checking that off my bucket list. Went Vietnam with my colleagues and then had a getaway with choorows followed by the much anticipated Japan trip. In spite of the unfortunate events that happened here and there, man it really felt like a life-changer for me.

It was such a terrifying year as well being single. I guess I have always relied on my partner to confide in and talk to that when the moment that was gone, it was pretty ooofed moment for me having to readjust so many things. It felt strange to have to manage my own expectations and admittedly, I could have definitely done a better job of taking care of myself AHAHA throwback to so many moments I just broke down, be it in the public toilet, MRT trains, office, pole showcase night etc. There were really a lot of moments I thought this was it, I am never getting out of my depression, it was such a messy journey of so many downward spirals, so many times I just keep overthinking, keep pushing myself more and more to a corner, thinking I could handle it and so many times I realise I couldn't handle it. And when I finally gave myself a breather, I also started tiny steps towards healing as well. I don't think I am quite at peace at myself yet and opening up to people is still a bitch but it really felt like pacing myself is getting easier, especially starting from not lying when I'm not okay.

Reconnections happened this year. I had no idea the numerous curve balls that happened and it felt like I always have to recheck back on myself. I definitely change and there was always that hesitation that what if I do not like the person I am changing to or that the daphne that I know, her core values and beliefs are no more? Many reflections on reforged friendships and also, this was also the year I cut away toxic friendships as well. I started focusing more on downtime for myself and not as much on trying to counsel people or trying to meet them. I don't think I will ever be rid of my saviour complex, but sometimes I forgot that I need a little saving on my own as well. And I was telling my friend this that while there may never be a knight in shining armour to save you, you don't have to be the one to save yourself, Just don't be the damsel in distress in the first place HAHAHA, such a refreshing thought.

 2019 you have been such an enlightening year of truth and heartaches and I am just so bloody grateful for the people that made all the difference. Thank you 2019 for everything and even though I dreaded going into it due to so many unknowns and fumbling around in the darkness, I'm glad I came out stronger from it.

2020. time to kick your ass.

0 comments:

Post a Comment