Thursday, September 9, 2021

x to my yesterday

 You know how some places have memories that just hold you in them

I was there, and it almost felt like yesterday

Yesterday where you took your flight back

where I was still in your life

a portion of it where I still was there to send you away

where we bid goodbye to our brief fleeting moments


it was one of the longest day I felt 

surrounded by everyone we knew yet no one was

aware of the agreement we had

the clock ticks, and even though it felt like

I could have left at any point

my feet just would not let me


maybe it was yesterday where at the moment

you were there, at the right time,

where I was breaking, and I just could not

do anything beside cry and blame myself

for everything. Where you understood,

you understood how it felt where no one 

was able to be, I was contented to

just be with someone that felt lonely and

as cast away as I


That the feeling was mutual, to the point I was consumed

with the belief that this is okay, that I could

be not okay, with you, just you. I was so relieved that I 

let everything slide, and the convincing afterwards

that you were not the person that I once knew


I wanted to be lost with you, to drown in it

but I was not at peace, your little remarks always

find their way to worm in, and my insecurities 

start to show


I was locked inside a dream where for a brief moment

the world did not had to matter, and the secret 

between us became my source that kept me there


it was the saddest yesterday where I admitted 

after you gave me one last hug

the things we do for love, I spoke aloud

that I realise I did love you in my own ways,

and you did not


you did not love me back


0 comments:

Post a Comment