Saturday, August 6, 2011

Flicker of a smile

I live the cover of if i die young by Michael Henry & Justin Robinett.
It's totally awesome. the harmony is in sync and all..

On another note,
i have no idea when it happened, where I started smiling so much
thinking no one notice but apparently you did.

That's when you told me my smiles are too stiff to be real.
And i was afraid of letting my guard down
to even talk to another person.

It was the first time i finally realized why i kept going on.
Because i refuse to let myself down.
I don't want to ever let go of my own identity.
called it pride, called it self preservation.
You called it sheer will and determination
and how if others were in my shoes,
they probably have lost it already.

And that's when i realized.
I was really tired of holding on to many things.
so i'm lifting my hands, letting go
to the One who can handle my pain.

I'm saying help me to the One who promised
to be there. I'm heaving a thank you to the
showered blessings fallen on me like rain
on the care given to me.

I reached out my hand to grasp your hand.
Knowing somehow, I'm safe
and thing will be okay.

0 comments:

Post a Comment