Saturday, April 25, 2020

pizza and a little bit more

it's been raining the past few days and somehow it brought about a comforting respite amidst all these noises.
the past few weeks have brought about many changes, a lot of self reflections and many moments that all seem a little too picturesque.
feels a bit strange but the peace I have felt during January then now seem a little too naive and innocent, like the calm before the storm. But there is a something beautiful about that as well, it reminded me that I was still perfectly capable of making or forging connections that I thought I lost when I finished studies.
sometimes I wonder why I hold myself to such ideals that I am incapable of certain things or forcing myself to ridiculous standards, maybe a justification or some sorts?
-
I climbed onto the sheets, his scent still clung on
It has been awhile since I felt that sense of shelter that came
like a gazelle, drenched by the storms
shivering amidst a warm source
I admit I was greedy
that I found a connection I was not capable of letting go

that warm source
the ripples of laughter
feels strangely homely

I peeked at the window,
is it nigh-time already
time felt like a strange concept
as I stare at your sleeping figure

0 comments:

Post a Comment